I never intended to buy anything… I swear! Honest!
But a friend and I were enticed into Lush, by… well… the Lush-ious smell (and the eclectic music) that was wafting out from the store’s open doors. I’d passed the St. Catherine & Peel location about a zillion times before but had never gone inside. Vee was looking at henna and I was just poking around. And there it was… in all it’s glory… Revive and Balance Treatment (aka R&B) leave-in conditioner. Can you hear the celestial voices and harps? Or is that just me?
Here are the product highlights:
- Handmade by a dude named Dil, who actually works for Lush out of BC and whose face is right on the jar, the majority of the ingredients are natural/organic/fair-trade
- Rich, creamy consistency, a little on the oily side
- Specifically formulated for afro or curly hair, but apparently recommended for all hair types (thin straight hair should probably avoid – see above point)
- Decent overall frizz control
- Very sweet, citrus scent
- Pricey at $20.95 CAD per 100g
I’m in love with this product! I use it pretty much daily (one jar lasts me about two to three months) and it makes my hair feel amazing. Since it has glycerin in it, I usually put it in my hair before I get into the shower and leave my head uncovered while I wash my body. I’ve also been known to put it on wet hair and twist it up for a twist-out-type style (though I don’t tend to actually wear my hair out, but that’s a discussion for another day). It keeps my hair feeling soft all day and I don’t need to use a lot. And more than once, I’ve been asked what perfume I’m wearing, only to realize that it was my hair that people were smelling! Sometimes, if the wind blows just right, I smell my own hair and it just makes me happy.
I love the smell. I love the consistency. My hair loves the moisturizing… But that’s just me… Obviously, this may not be everyone’s dream product.
Oh, yeah… Vee heard the harps too. She also bought a jar of the stuff and fell in love.
Try it yourself and you be the judge.
I highly recommend it.